Guidelines Safety While Driving
Always carry your driving license and important documents such as your vehicle registration certificate, insurance certificate, road tax and
P.U.C certificate with you while driving.
- Don't Drink while Driving.
- Don't drive under the influence of drugs
- Obey all traffic signals, lights and signs
- Use the indicator or hand signals when changing lanes
- Adhere to permitted speed limits
Wearing seat belt in a moving vehicle is believed to have saved millions of lives worldwide. Wearing of seat belt is mandatory and the most important precaution you can take to minimize your risk in an accident.
The speed of motor vehicles is universally agreed to be the most important factor contributing to crash, injuries and fatalities on roads. Speed influences both crash risk and crash consequence.
Guidelines for Motorcyclists
The motorized two-wheeler rider is the one most likely to sustain serious injuries no matter what he hits- a pedestrian,
a cat or another vehicle. This is because he is traveling at a speed more than 15 kmph without any protection around, and the human body is not able to tolerate forces generated when the head or any other bone hits hard and rigid objects at speed higher than
We can avoid accidents by following guidelines
While driving always carry your driving license and important documents such as your vehicle registration certificate, insurance certificate, road tax and
- MUST NOT carry more than one pillion rider and he/she MUST sit astride the machine on a proper seat and should keep both feet on the footrests.
- Make yourself as visible as possible from the sides as well as the front and rear. You could wear a white or brightly colored helmet. Wear fluorescent clothing or strips. Dipped headlights, even in good daylight, may also make you more conspicuous.
- You should be aware of what is behind and in the sides before maneuvering. Look behind you; use mirrors if they are fitted.
- Wear reflective clothing or strips to improve your chances of being seen in the dark.
- Never Drink while driving
- Follow the traffic signals, lights and signs